I’ve had weight problems my whole life. I got to the point where I started having medical issues: Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, aches and pains in my legs, breathing disorders.
If you’re extremely overweight, that’s the beginning of the end.
I decided to do something. After trying lots of ways to lose weight, I decided on weight-loss surgery. My insurance wouldn’t cover it, but Dr. Higa and Willamette Valley Medical Center were running a plan where if I paid for it myself they would do the surgery for just $12,000.
I met Dr. Higa, and I decided to have the surgery with him. Everybody was a lot nicer and much more caring than I ever thought they would be.
I was 320 pounds when I had the surgery, and now I’m in the 220s.
Just about everything I had wrong with me is now gone.
- I quit taking my Type 2 diabetes medicine.
- I’m off my CPAP machine.
- All my cholesterol issues went away.
- My blood sugar level now is 90 with no medication.
- I had severe pains in my right leg from my hip through my knee to my shin down to my foot that made it almost impossible for me to walk. That’s all gone.
- No more asthma medications.
- My energy level is normal again. I go and do whatever I want.
If there’s a severe side effect it’s that you’re constantly buying new clothes because you’re shrinking!
I wish other people could understand that it’s worth it, and that if you don’t have insurance the money you spend is minor compared to what it’s going to do for you.
I wish I’d done it years ago.
For more information, call 503-434-6060 or visit the Willamette Valley Weight Loss Surgery website.