The H.R. Hoover, MD, Cancer Center offers both radiation treatment and chemotherapy services for cancer patients as well as hematology services for patients with certain blood disorders. The Cancer Center is nationally accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Nurse Navigator Services
The cancer journey brings a mix of emotions, questions and uncertainty that may be overwhelming. The nurse navigator at H.R. Hoover, M.D. Cancer Center serves as a guide to help coordinate services to improve the quality of care you receive.
Nurse Navigators (no cost for provided services) help patients and families:
- Identify Needs
- Understand diagnosis and treatment options
- Learn what to expect from treatment and manage symptoms/side effects
- Navigate appointments
- Understand medications
- Assist in health insurance concerns, care giving needs, medical transportation needs, financial concerns and any other barriers to receiving treatment
- Assist with identifying community resources that may be beneficial for you
- Facilitate communication between clinicians to assure continuity of care
Contact the Nurse Navigator at H.R. Hoover, M.D. Cancer Center by calling 503.435.6512
A free, general cancer support group is available for individuals in all stages of cancer, including survivors. The support group is held in the Cancer Center conference room once a month. The session is held on the first Wednesday of each month from 2:30 pm to 4 pm. For additional information, call 503.435.6593.
American Cancer Society: cancer.org
Chemo Care: chemocare.com
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: nccn.org
National Cancer Institute: cancer.gov
American Society of Clinical Oncology: asco.org
Cancer Care: cancercare.org