Childbirth Education Classes
Willamette Valley Medical Center's Family Birthing Center is excited to provide patients with the opportunity to attend personalized and convenient online childbirth classes.
How does it work?
Powered through a partnership with Birthly, patients are now able to access a variety of classes through an online virtual platform. Patients now have more flexibility in choosing a time that fits their schedule and can connect from the comfort of their own home.
Childbirth Education Experience Includes:
- Live Video Feed. Connect with certified and experienced childbirth educators through virtual classroom.
- Interactive Q&A. Get real-time answers to your biggest questions.
- Group Chat. Meet other new parents and share your experiences.
What classes are available?
Each patient can register for the classes that fit their stage of pregnancy or area of interest post pregnancy, allowing patients to access valuable educational resources in the comfort of their own homes. Each class type is offered multiple times a month, providing patients more flexibility in choosing a time that fits their schedule. During the class, educators will provide interactive teaching on a variety of top-of-mind topics and patients will have dedicated time to ask questions.
Available Classes Include:
- Early Pregnancy Preparations. A roadmap to a typical pregnancy journey, highlighting all the key milestones. You will hear about nutrition, exercise, and mental health.
- Prenatal Bootcamp (Available in English and Spanish). A detailed overview of the labor and delivery process. Also covers the basics of common medical interventions and postpartum strategies.
- Coping and Comfort. An experiential class that equips parents with non-pharmacological tools and strategies commonly used for coping with labor.
- Breastfeeding 101 (Available in English and Spanish). A class filled with specific instructions and expert advice on how to get a good start to breastfeeding.
- Newborn Care (Available in English and Spanish). A course designed to help new parents become familiar with newborn behavior and the ins-and-outs of practical babycare.
Complementary childbirth classes are available to patients planning to deliver at Willamette Valley Medical Center. To register, patient's should have received information with a promo code from their obstetric provider's office.
Need Assistance? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.