We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions from our expectant parents. However, if you do not see your question answered here, please call us. We would be happy to help.
What can I do to make the day of my baby’s birth stress free?
Pick a pediatrician or provider for your baby at 32 weeks. Call that provider and arrange a social visit so you can ask questions and talk about the care of your new baby:
- Preregister at 36 weeks by coming into the hospital and registering in the Emergency Department admitting area.
- Take classes, and remember to start them no later than 32 weeks!
- Have fun picking out your child’s name
How can I obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
Contact the Oregon Center for Health Statistics directly:
- General birth certificate inquiries: 971.673.1190 (Portland) after baby is 6 months old.
- Yamhill County Health Department: 503.434.7477 (McMinnville) before baby is 6 months old.
- Oregon Center for Health Statistics website
When will I get my baby’s Social Security card?
It will be mailed to you in 2-3 months.